So, Can You Really Sell EBooks On EBay And Make Cold Hard Cash?
Posted by Advanced Search
Got a on: 2005-09-07 18:05:31
Self SEO > Ebay Tips and Tricks
Selling eBooks on eBay, and making any worthwhile profit from doing so, is becoming more and more difficult.
Gone are the days when you could sell someone else's books on eBay, and it's becoming considerably more difficult to sell ebooks that you might have written yourself or via Public Domain Publications.
Many people seem to think that ebooks should be freely available (because so many good ones are)and there are some excellent ebooks for sale on ebay but rarely do they sell for more than a few pennies.
So purchase ebooks from eBay by all means, there's just no money in trying to sell ebooks on eBay.
There's also the problem of who owns the copyright to the ebook you are trying to sell.
This has become so much of a headache that eBay has come up with it's own policy to try and deal with this situation.
HERE'S AN EXCEPT FROM EBAY'S VERO POLICY.
* eBay's Verified Rights Owner (VeRO) Program
* eBay's VeRO Program was developed to facilitate cooperation between eBay and rights owners protecting their intellectual property rights.
* Highlights of the program include:
* Expeditious removal of listings reported to eBay by over 5,000 intellectual property rights owners
* Specific, detailed warnings designed to deter the listing of potentially infringing items before a listing is posted on eBay
* Voluntary daily monitoring and removal by eBay of listings offering potentially counterfeit or otherwise infringing items
* Voluntary daily monitoring and removal by eBay of listings that violate eBay policies designed to prevent the listing of infringing items on eBay
* Ability to save searches and have the results emailed to you through Favorite Searches
* Suspension of repeat offenders
* Continuing efforts to identify and prevent previously suspended users from reregistering for eBay
* Cooperation with rights owners seeking personal information on alleged infringers.
* However, because eBay is not an expert in your intellectual property rights, and cannot verify that sellers have the right to sell the millions of items they post on eBay each day, we need your help in identifying listings which do not appear on their face to infringe your rights.
To read the policy in it's entirety go to:-
KEEP IT SIMPLE AND STRAIGHTFORWARD
Now there is a way around this that is easier to achieve than most people believe.
The easiest way of making sure that you don't fall foul of eBay's VeRo Policy is:
* Create The Products Yourself
The easiest way of overcoming peoples beliefs that your ebook should be freely availablen is.
* Don't have your ebook look like an ebook!
So when is an ebook not an ebook?
When it is perceived by the visitors to your eBay Sales Page as something else.
For example, if you bundled together your ebook with a printed version of the book, and or an Audio CD or Video DVD, your product would have a much higher perceived value.
* You create a printed version of your ebook contained in a nicely printed folder.
* You take a digital photograph of the cover of your printed version, surrounded by the audio CD and or Video DVD and use this as your Gallery Picture when you start to create your purchase It Now, eBay auction page.
* You use the same picture or pictures throughout your eBay Auction sales page.
People are used to seeing software generated ebook covers on eBay but by using the above method your product will not be perceived as an ebook.
* In your sales page include the information that the entire package can be digitally downloaded by the customer if they wish.
Do this and you will be one of the very few sellers on eBay using this technique and take my word for it, this technique is very powerful indeed.
Now this might sound like a lot of work or seem over complicated, yet when you come to think of it, most PCs and Laptops come complete with hardware and software for creating Audio CDs and DVDs? and if you don't have this kind of equipment you can get it on eBay relatively cheaply.
SO HOW DO YOU DO IT?
With this technology it is fairly simple to create Audio CDs and Video DVDs.
* You could record or have somebody else record your ebook onto Audio CD or DVD and provide it as an audio product within your product bundle. Many people find it easier to learn by "listening" than by reading.
* If the subject matter of your book included information on how to use a particular type of software for example, you could use a video capture program such as "Camtasia" (http://www.techsmith.com) to capture the sequence of steps that would need to be gone through in order to use the software effectively.
* If your ebook covered a practical subject like gardening for instance you could use a Camcorder to take actual "videos" of the various aspects of gardening, copy them to DVD and make it part of your "bundle". Many people find it easier to learn by "seeing" than by reading or listening.
Remember that your product bundle can be downloaded by your customer (assuming you have set your product up this way) but don't be afraid to provide them with the printed version of your book along with the Audio and Video DVDs if that's what they prefer.
Your ebook presented in this way will represent a much higher value than the traditional way of selling ebooks on eBay and therefore you can ask a much higher price than you would otherwise.
If all this sounds a little daunting to you I suggest that you carry out some research into what you've read here.
More information on how to create Books and Videos to sell on eBay can be found at the end of this article.
SO, CAN YOU REALLY SELL EBOOKS ON EBAY AND MAKE COLD HARD CASH?
Sure you can.
By following the methods described here, selling ebooks on eBay really can pay off Big Time and you wont have broken any of eBay's rules.
For more information on how to create Books and Videos to sell on eBay visit:-
Ian D Major is the creator of http://www.eBay-Articles.com, the one stop resource for information, reports and articles that will help you use eBay to your best financial advantage.
eBay-Articles are freely available. To subscribe and get Articles, Reports and Bonuses delivered to your inbox weekly, just visit: http://www.ebay-articles.com
CopyRight 2005 Ian D.Major