Creating A Great Autoresponder Letter Series
Posted by Debbie Ducker on: 2007-09-11 21:22:59
Self SEO > Email Marketing Articles
Your autoresponder letter series, if written correctly can make you serious money on the Internet.
Studies have proven that most consumers buy only after repeated exposure to a product. This repeated exposure helps you to gain their trust enough to buy from you.
Having an autoresponder system is the hassle-free, automated way to put your product in front of interested buyers enough times to move them from consideration to purchase.
Have information on every page of your site of how a visitor can optin for futher information, join your ezine or newsletter or any incentive you can think of to get them to sign up to your autoresponder series.
Following are some informative tips on creating autoresponder messages that sell your product for you. You'll learn what to say, how to say it, how to format it, and how to avoid having your messages sent straight to the SPAM folder unread.
Here‚Äôs a breakdown of what your messages should contain.
1. Subject line. The subject line is the first thing people will see when they receive your message. It must be compelling enough to keep them from deleting the message unread. Do your research good on this. Learn everything you can on how to write good headlines. But also don't use hype. Since the person receiving this message has requested it, then it is logical to keep the subject on topic to what they requested to receive in the first place. i.e. Here is the information you requested on _____...
2. The opening sentence. Keep this true to your subject. Expand on it without hype or pressure. Don't mention the sale price, or tell them they must buy your product. Keep it promise based. i.e. tell them what they will learn or gain via the information or service you are going to provide.
For example say your subject was: Thank you ~Name~, here is the information your requested on earning a living at home.
Your opening sentence might be something like this: You are about to learn the very same strategies I use to make a full time living from my home.
3. Introductory paragraph. Explain in a concise paragraph exactly what your product will do for the buyer. Tell them how your product or service will help them to also make a full time living from their home. Avoid using ALL CAPS or excessive punctuation!!! This looks amateurish and, in the majority of cases, get your message deleted.
4. Subheadings and further information. Write bullet point type headlines with either bold letters or one step better put lines above and below them to set them apart. Then expand on these headings in a paragraph or two underneath them.
THIS WILL BE YOUR SUB HEADLINE
With more information below it...
5. A call to action. After you have finished your sub headlines and the corresponding information. Use a pre- closing paragraph to tell the reader exactly what you want them to do. "Click Here" to download this information instantly! or Click the link below, fill out the form to have this ~~Product~~ delivered to you immediately. Where possible point out the uniqueness of your product. Is it priced lower then competitors? Is it the only one of its kind? Or also if it is a limited time offer. Anything that will give the buyer more incentive to take the above action. Keeping it honest of course. Don't make something up just to get better results.
6. Closing Paragraph. Thank them again and also sum up what will be in the next message. "Watch your email the next few days for a great thank you gift I have set a side for you for taking the time to look at my product.", "I will have a free chapter, from my "make a living at home" ebook, for you in a few days.", etc.
7. DISCLAIMER. This is a short paragraph to remind people they are receiving your message because they asked to be on your list. It will keep them from clicking the ‚ÄúSPAM‚ÄĚ button if they decide they aren't interested in your product, and keep your autoresponder and web site off Internet blacklists.
8. Unsubscribe link. This is critical to a successful autoresponder campaign. You must give subscribers the option to discontinue receiving messages from you, or you will be labeled as SPAM. Most autoresponder services will provide you with an automatic unsubscribe list for all your autoresponder series. All you have to do is make sure to include the link in your message.
One of the most powerful ways to get more traffic to your site can be your autoresponder series. Your well-crafted messages will send people in droves to your site to check out what you have to say. Just make sure you give them a good reason to go there, and great reasons to keep coming back, and you will build a rock-solid autoresponder campaign that keeps your profits rolling in.
A quick tip on how to format the messages... with today's advances in email, HTML is a good option if your autoresponder system allows it. One step better is to use one that has both plain text and HTML options so that when a person has HTML turned off for their email software, they will receive the text version only. For the letters to look uniform and to avoid the auto wrapping many autoresponder systems will use when adding your letters, I highly recommend not making the lines of your letters longer than 50 characters in length.
Kick start your campaign by offering a free report or e-book via a lead capture page with your autoresponder sign up form attached to the autoresponder letters you create. It will keep a non-stop flow of people receiving your letters and coming to your site to buy your products.
Sincerely, Debbie Ducker
------------ About the Author ------------
Debbie Ducker is the owner of The Plugged-N Network
Members of this site are given a complete full featured
HTML/Text autoresponder system for their own use,
Print this article Tell a friend
| Related Articles|