10 Reasons Why Most eBay eBook Sellers Fail.
Posted by John Thornhill on: 2007-01-30 01:49:51
Self SEO > E-books Articles
Some people think selling eBooks on eBay is easy. You just have to list a few eBooks with resale rights and wait for the money to roll in, right? WRONG!
There is a lot more to selling eBooks than just listing a few auctions. Here are 10 reasons why most eBay eBook sellers fail.
1. Selling old titles. In a highly competitive world you need to stay ahead of the competition. Be on the lookout for new titles to sell all the time.
2. Following the herd. Don't be like every other eBay eBook seller, make your auctions different, create unique titles and sales pages to separate you from the crowd.
3. Poor eBook cover. People really do judge an eBook by its cover. Ensure you have a professional looking eBook cover.
4. Poor sales copy. Your sales copy is crucial; take your time getting your listings looking professional. Poor copy = poor sales.
5. Only selling other author's eBooks. To be a truly successful eBay eBook seller you need to be creating your own eBooks. This way you can control the price and market by selling unique titles.
6. Not selling brandable eBooks. Sell eBooks that allow you to ‘brand' certain links inside, thus generating you an affiliate income after the initial sale.
7. Not having a download page. Don't send your eBook as an attachment or as a download link to a zip file. Create a download page where you can offer other products and services
8. Not capturing customer details. You should have tools in place that attempt to capture your customers email address. Offer free eBooks on your download page in exchange for your customers contact details. This means you can offer products and promotions in the future.
9. Not having an eBay store. Having an eBay store is crucial. This gives you your own unique URL you can promote in all communication with potential customers and will ultimately result in more sales.
10. Trying to make all your income on eBay. You need to think outside the box. After you have sold an eBook there are so many ways to make further sales and earn more money.
There you have it! 10 mistakes you should not make as an eBay eBook seller. If I can offer one last piece of advice it would be that you ensure you have all the tools in place to try and capture your customers email address. If you can do this you may have a customer for life and this is worth much more than a quick eBook sale.
John Thornhill trades on eBay under the username planetsms and earns over $1000 per week on eBay on autopilot. To see how he does it visit http://www.planetsmsnewsletter.com/
Print this article Tell a friend