Building Credibility As An eBay Seller
Posted by Mark Kenny on: 2006-09-13 22:28:04
Self SEO > Ebay Tips and Tricks
As a seller on eBay, it's essential to have credibility and pass that confidence onto any potential bidders. eBays system of rating other members, known as feedback is one of the most important parts of your eBay account - however it's not the only way of projecting yourself as a trustworthy seller, here are five other tips to get your started.
1) Offer a money back guarantee. While for most seller this seems to be a major risk initially, studies have shown the vast majority of buyers will not request a refund even if they are unhappy with the purchase. Either way, you should be providing such a good service so your customers will be happy.
2) Offer a free unadvertised bonus. No feedback reads better than that saying they also received a free bonus. Make it relevant, to the initial item so it your selling garden furniture you could include a free guide to maintaining your furniture in perfect condition. Also, include a value on the free bonus, so tell your buyer your including a free gift worth $20.
3) Reply promptly to all enquiries, make yourself accessible easily. You may want to include a telephone number or skype contact. If interested bidders can't contact you during the auction, there unlikely to have enough confidence to place a bid on your item.
4) Reply to all feedback as soon as possible. A short comment, such as "Thanks for your valued custom. Please contact us if you have any comments", will show you are serious about your eBay business and about making sure your customers are satsified with their purchase.
5) Work to build up your eBay business to Powerseller status. The eBay Powerseller program reconginises some of the most trusted and constant sellers. To become an eBay powerseller, you must be invited from eBay once you meet the correct criteria, which takes into account your feedback, sales and account status.
Mark Kenny runs the AuctonCUT eBay Forum
where you can disuss any aspect of eBay or online auctions. Join the most savvy eBay users at http://www.AuctionCUT.com, where you also get a free dropshipping exclusive report after making ten posts.
Print this article Tell a friend